Thursday, February 14, 2008

Michelle and Tobi are officially hitched!






Despite ongoing rain in Sydney (after years of drought), the dam is up to 67% capacity. This is good news to Sydneysiders but not for my friends who planned their Commitent Ceremony on the beach. There was lots of stressing, alternative arrangements were made and lots of comments about how rain brings a couple good luck (ya, right!).

And guess what happened, folks?! The sun shone through about 20 minutes before, the champagne bottles were opened and the both of them walked along Shelley Beach in Manly in their bare feet towards a crowd of 80 close friends and relatives. The sun was out, the beach was relatively free and they both looked absolutely gorgeous. Michelle was wearing a Marilyn Munroe type cocktail dress and Tobi had a bohemian type dress. It was so lovely. I wish I was on a computer that had a card reader.

I read a poem that Tobi had written Michelle just prior to my last travels to Nepal and India with Michelle in 2006. It was titled "Sexy Princess". I have never felt so important at a wedding. I was the honoured guest from Canada, Michelle's travelling buddy these last 9 years and I was welcomed with so so much warmth and love from everyone. Honestly, it was wonderful.

Tobi and Michelle are off to Cambodia and Thailand for 3 weeks. I will post a picture of their happy day when I can locate a computer with a card reader.

No comments: